Our dismissal procedure at Fontenelle Elementary, will be known as VIP (Very Important Person) Drive-Up Dismissal Plan. Our mission statement is Fontenelle is a diverse community of learners where parents, teachers, students, and community work together to achieve excellence in education. We value our families, teachers, students and community. We understand that it takes these groups to work together to contribute to student success in education. For that reason, we want everyone in the Fontenelle community to have the VIP educational experience from the time families arrive on campus until dismissal.
We are offering specific driving practices to facilitate a smooth and efficient traffic flow that is safe for all in the Fontenelle community. The VIP Drive- Up Plan provides a car number for each student and family that indicated they were pick up. Assigning a car number to every pick-up student and family will allow us to use the same car number to release all students directly to their families in a safe, rapid and orderly way.
· Every pick-up student will receive a car number keychain to keep on their backpack. Parents/guardians will receive a car number card that match their child(ren’s) car numbers. Siblings who have the same primary address will have the same number unless family indicated otherwise.
· Families will receive four car number cards for car display. This way, parents/guardians will have a car number card for family cars, plus extra cards to give to others who pick up your student. Extra number cards are available upon request.
· Drivers should show or display their car number card when picking up students. Place your card on the dash, tape it to the driver's side window, or store it in your wallet and present it at dismissal. However, you decide to present your car number card please be in a manner that dismissal staff can read the card number as soon as you pull into the main driveway located in front of door 1. Staff will then escort student outside to the proper vehicle.
All car riders will be dismissed from their classrooms to the gym at 3:50, where they will be seated with their siblings. Students will be released to their cars when their car number is one of the vehicles in the main driveway located in front of door 1.
· Drivers will remain in their cars as their students enter the cars.
· Staff will assist students, as needed with students to get them safely in the vehicle.
· Drivers will be allowed to park side-by-side. Taking turns turning right out of the driveway.
· Walkers will be dismissed from their classrooms to go to a designated area in the hallway at 3:55p.m. When the dismissal bell rings, students will be escorted out door 8.
· Anyone wishing to walk home with students should meet them at the back-parking lot drive. For safety reasons, we have staff that will direct walkers to walk across the cross walk.
Bus, Daycare and after school programs stay in the classroom with teacher until they are called down. Staff will assist them to board on the North side of the building to the correct transportation.
· To keep traffic from backing up on 52nd St, we suggest that drivers enter the pick-up line from the South (heading North), and pull into one of two lanes in the main drive.
· Limiting foot traffic on campus will help insure a safe and efficient dismissal for all students